[TxMt] Re: Check spelling in TextMate

Guido Governatori gvdgdo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 19:30:21 UTC 2012

> On 21/07/2012, at 08.14, Guido Governatori wrote:
>
>> Suddenly spell checking (check as you type) stopped working.
>
> You can toggle this in Edit → Spelling. Are you saying it no longer marks misspelled words?

It does not work.  Yes, misspelt words are not marked.

> Then it might be because you changed language grammar. For example in HTML the <tags> are exempt from being checked. The status bar show the current language grammar used (and allow you to change it).

It happens in plain text files, where the status bar reports "Plain text"

In the .tm_properties I have:

[text]
spellChecking = 1
spellLanguage = en_GB

["*.tex"]
spellChecking = 1
spellLanguage = en_GB

["*.txt"]
fileType = text
spellChecking = 1
spellLanguage = en_GB

If I change the grammar to LaTeX, then misspelt words are indicated, and if I change the grammar back to plain text then spell checking seems to continue to work. However, if I open the file again then it does not work

>> Also check spelling behaves in a strange way. I have inserted a misspelt word, I have clicked on it, and corrected it. Then I run Spelling -> Show spelling and grammar. In the dialog I see the word I have already corrected.
>
> I think this dialog just show the last word operated on.

I think this should check the current content of the document.

All the best

Guido