[TxMt] Re: Rid-off old revisions

Wed Jul 18 10:30:29 UTC 2012

On 17/07/2012, at 04.27, HenryS wrote:

> I have 3 revisions of TextMate: 1623, 1631, 1635 on my OS/X 10.6.8
>
> I believe that TextMate1 is up-compatible, so I would like to discard older
> revisions. How to do it keeping "Open with...TextMate", and other system
> features unbroken.

You just delete all but the latest.

Should file associations or “open with” ever be wrong, I have this alias that I run occasionally:

    alias resetLS='/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -seed {,~}/Applications{,/Utilities}'

By default OS X seems to associate the last seen app with a file type (if the user has no stored preference). The above clears that, and as the brace expansion is so that ~/Applications is scanned after /Applications, my “local” applications tend to be setup as default handlers for the various file types.