[TxMt] Re: [TM2] Dragging *.textClipping to TM2 -> lost of line breaks

Thu Jul 12 12:01:39 UTC 2012

On 12/07/2012, at 11.26, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> only a minor issue. If I select a text chunk containing line breaks and drag&drop that selection to my Desktop I will get a file *.textClipping. Fine. Now I drag&drop that *.textClipping file to TM2 (9147) the content will be inserted BUT each line break is lost, i.e. they are replaced by grey shaded <CR>'s.

Which program do you drag the text from?

I just dragged from Mail → Desktop → TextMate, and it worked.

I guess TM should auto-convert CR → LF for text imported via drops, as the chance of a CR there is more likely due to legacy code having produced the text clipping, rather than an actual use for CR.