[TxMt] Re: Introducing MateWiki: A Wiki For TextMate 2

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Tue Jan 31 20:51:43 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-21 12:42, Trevor Harmon wrote:
> Hmm, I thought the Macromates wiki is open-access...? I'm able to edit
> it, anyway. If it's restricted, I don't remember how I got access.
> Anybody know what the policy is for their wiki?

FWIW, I just now experimented.  It looks like most pages can be edited
by anyone; just click the "Edit Page" link at the bottom. You'll be
asked for an author name, and it looks like we're all on our honor not
to "borrow" someone else's name. Some key pages are password protected,
but in general no password appears to be needed.  (Not even a CAPTCHA,
either. Good god, how do they keep the spambots out!?!)

So, no offense Brandon, but I agree that the community at large is best
served by the official wiki.

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer