[TxMt] Re: Problems with huge git commits

Tue Jan 31 08:22:08 UTC 2012

On 30/01/2012, at 23.58, Patrick Polloni wrote:

> I'm trying to use Textmate2 with a big php project. I have made a huge commit in the git repository and while processing the commit Textmate starts to hang bringing the cpu at 80% and memory up to 1.25GB.
> Looking at the Console this is what I've found […]

The Git bundle produces a HTML diff of your commit shown with WebKit.

My guess is that this HTML file simply becomes too big and that’s why TextMate (WebKit) hits the memory celling for what a 32 bit process is allowed to allocate.

The Git bundle tends to be fairly clever about timeouts when generating HTML for various commands, but I guess not in this case.