[TxMt] Re: Find/Replace in Folder

Tue Jan 31 08:06:21 UTC 2012

On 27/01/2012, at 14.36, Carsten Hoever wrote:

> On 26 Jan 2012, at 19:38, Curt Sellmer wrote:
>
>> When performing a find in folder and then replacing all of the matches with new content, how can I save all of the files.
>> If I select 'Save All' from the menu the files are not saved.  The only way I have found so far is to press the <Next> button on the find dialog which then warns me that the files have not be saved and provides a button to do so.  Is there a more direct way to save these changes?
>
> I am also more than irritated by this behavior. More than once I lost changes I made with a folder wide search and replace because I didn't know when to save where.

It asks you to save if you close the window or do a new search. I am unsure how you managed to lose changes.

That said, I don’t like the behavior myself, but I don’t see any other easy fix for this, other than introduce UI in the Find dialog that effectively shows a list of files affected (which is somewhat down on the list).