[TxMt] Re: Go to file performance

Wed Jan 25 08:39:15 UTC 2012

On 23/01/2012, at 14.37, Christopher Creutzig wrote:

> BTW, I get a lot of these in my logs:
>
> 23.01.12 08:31:55
>  /Applications/alpha/TextMate.app/Contents/MacOS/TextMate[92977]
>  /home/ccreutzi/Library/Application
> Support/TextMate/Session/Info.plist~: set flags (was: 00000000):
> Operation not supported
>
> I assume that's expected for a non-HFS+ home?

I can’t find a line in TextMate that would produce this output.

But it’s clearly indicative of missing support for some file system operation, so to that extend, it might be expected if you’re using something that doesn’t support the HFS+ capabilities.

It does sound like chflags() might be what’s missing from your file system, though I don’t use that either. I do use exchangedata(2) with the file reported (when the file system supports it), and likely this would not be supported by a non-native file system. Sounds a bit on the error though that for your file system it is partially supported by emulation that fails at setting flags or some such.