[TxMt] Experimental TM2 bundles: ApLo (HTML output window replacement), Xcode4

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Mon Jan 23 00:04:41 UTC 2012

Hi All,

TM2s HTML output window is somewhat limited compared to TM1:

- it uses sort of *tabs*, so I can't have multiple windows next to each other (handy to remove clutter and usually welcome, but when I run multiple apps/scripts in parallel I need separate windows to monitor them)

- it only allows one 'long running' process at a time

Since my projects often include multiple apps and/or scripts that interdepend and I need to run them side by side (eg client server etc). I used to use HTML output windows, so that I could have specially formatted log messages be clickable and get me to the correct location in the source code etc.

So I wrote an application that provides multiple HTML output windows and remembers their individual placement and size. It is called ApLo, and available as source here:

	https://github.com/gknops/ApLo

and wrapped into a TextMate bundle here:

	https://github.com/gknops/aplo.tmbundle

For starters I wrote an Xcode4 bundle that goes with it:

	https://github.com/gknops/xcode4.tmbundle

As time permits I plan to add support for iOS projects as well, and STDOUT/STDERR parsers for other languages (perl, lua) as I come across them.

Maybe these bundles will be useful for others as well.

Gerd