[TxMt] Re: TM2: latex sync with Skim

David Howden dhowden at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 01:45:58 UTC 2012

OK, so I can get around this problem by getting Skim to run a python
script, which I've named open_in_mate.py:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import urllib
import os
import sys

commandString = "open \"txmt://open?url=file://%s&line=%s\"" %
(urllib.quote(sys.argv[1]), sys.argv[2])

os.system(commandString)

But when I swap back to using the mate command the inconsistency is still
there, i.e.:

1) open_in_mate.py %file %line is set as Skim's command to fire when you
Cmd+Shift+Click on somewhere
2) Test it, works fine - jumps to TM with the file open in the correct
window
3) Swap Skim settings to use /usr/local/bin/mate -l %line "%file"
4) Test it, jumps to TM but the file is open in a different window

This appears to be a very peculiar bug with the mate terminal command - any
comments Allan?

Thanks,

David.