[TxMt] Re: TM2 tighter scripting integration (MacRuby, Lua?)

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Mon Jan 16 14:43:01 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-16 04:01, Martin Kühl wrote:
> And I consider that a plus, but then again I'm a bit weird :-)

I also consider it a plus. And I'm not weird, just very opinionated.  :-)

What I would consider ideal would be for all editor functions to be
exposed via an interface usable by any language.  Perhaps when run by
TM, commands would get a fourth open file descriptor that could write
commands to and read output from TM.  Or perhaps TM could create a
Unix-domain socket or named pipe that anything could read and write.  Or
perhaps it could expose AppleScript objects.  Yes, I said it.
AppleScript.  I never touch the stuff myself, but there are bindings so
you can use AppleScript objects from any real scripting language. If
nothing else, the 'osascript' shell command can be run.

Longing for the Good Ol' Days of Amiga apps with AREXX ports...

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer