[TxMt] Re: Simple question re. running a Ruby program

Michael Brodhead mkb_cbr at mac.com
Tue Jan 10 23:52:01 UTC 2012

You've got two options here.  The quick and dirty hacky way is to set TM_RUBY to point at /Users/<you>/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p290.  Boom.  You're done.

However, this completely negates the utility of RVM.  What happens when you have projects which rely on different Ruby versions?  You are better off following the RVM instructions for integrating with TextMate:
    http://beginrescueend.com/integration/textmate/

As an off-topic tangent, it looks as though you may be mis-using RVM.  If you are using RVM to install Ruby you are better off letting RVM manage your path for you.  RVM nicely handles lots of cases you and I wouldn't think of until our stuff gets broken.  If you follow the normal RVM setup instructions your path (and plenty of other stuff) will do the right thing as you move between projects.

--mkb