[TxMt] Re: TM (1.5.10) - auto translation of CR to LF on save?

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Fri Jan 6 21:16:45 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-06 15:25, Eric Hall wrote:
> 	Yes, this is the case here (sorry, I'd meant to mention
> that) - we have files with LF line endings, a few wound up with
> CRs in the lines due to the data involved.  Thus we've got
> text files with LF line endings and a CR (one or more) in the
> middle of some of the lines.

Ah, I see.  The CR isn't actually a line terminator here, you want it
treated as just another character.  I'm not sure I'd call this a bug;
rather, it's something that's outside of TextMate's scope.  As it's
first and foremost a *text* editor, Allan probably decided that the use
case of accidentally-messed-up line endings would trump the case of
actually wanting to preserve carriage returns.  A pity it doesn't have
something like Vim's binary (-b) mode, though.

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer