[TxMt] TextMate 2 freezing when creating a new tab in a large project

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Wed Jan 4 02:47:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm working in a large project (3000+ files and directories) and can consistently cause TM2 to hang up under the following circumstances:

* In the project file browser, expand a large number of directories, or a very deep directory tree (not sure exactly which, but appears to be related to the number of directories expanded)
* Create a new file in a tab using Opt-Cmd-N
* TM2 freezes.

I've noticed the following symptoms (in addition to the freezing):

* The cursor is not the regular text insertion cursor but is a crosshair.
* The scroll bar in the file drawer appears to periodically jump around
* Spinning beach ball comes and goes

I'm not sure if waiting it out would work, I've waited for a few minutes before force-quitting.

The freezing, etc., doesn't occur if all the top level directories are collapsed. I can create a new document with no trouble.

This is the kind of thing I'm looking at in my project drawer when the freezing happens: http://cl.ly/382p0Z124239253E1M3o. (You can see in that picture that pretty much every directory in the tree is expanded. I think this may have happened the first time I encountered the bug, as I certainly didn't expand all those manually.)

Hopefully that will help you reproduce the bug. Has anyone else experienced this?

Adam