[TxMt] Re: Rdaemon – not working after reinstall

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Feb 21 16:57:56 UTC 2012

Hi Martin,

first to kill Rdaemon: well, your example "while(1) print(1)" can't be cancelled by TM I think. The only chance I see is to open the Activity Monitor and try to cancel the "R" process and hope that TM will be responsive again. There are two commands ⌥⌘C -> Interrupt current task and kill⇤ but this won't work for your "extreme" example.

For TM2's R bundles I'll try to find a workaround to be able to kill such tasks more or less "smoother".

> "Rdaemon Error: The pipe /tmp/r_in is not found! You have to kill Rdaemon manually."

The path /tmp/r_in indicates that you installed an old version since the latest one is using the folder "~/Library/Application Support/Rdaemon".

To find out which version you're using simply open Rdaemon's Help scroll to the end and look for the date. Mine on TM 1.5 is "Jan 12 2012"

By the way which TM version you're using?

Best,
--Hans