[TxMt] How to make Go > Current Document work like in TM1?

John Yeates textmate2 at warmvomit.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 12:57:04 UTC 2012

When I selected Go > Current Document (Cmd-Ctrl-R) in TextMate 1, it would highlight the current document in the file list, expanding any folders as needed.

In TextMate 2, it still works this way — *IF* the folder containing the document is already expanded, so all it needs to do is scroll. If the folder is not expanded, TM2 opens the folder, so the drawer now only shows a subset of the project I'm working on.

Example:

> folder1
v folder2
    file1
    file2
> folder3

If I am editing file2 and press Cmd-Ctrl-R, the highlight moves to file2, correctly.

In the case where folder2 was not expanded, though, I would see this after pressing Cmd-Ctrl-R:

file1
file2

…and I would no longer be able to access folder1 and folder3 from the file list without using the dropdown at the top. I would also no longer have an overview of the SCM status of the entire project.

How can I set TM2 to work the old, non-annoying way, where it just expands folders as needed and doesn't change the root?

Thanks

--
John Yeates