[TxMt] Re: Save and strip whitespace

John Yeates textmate2 at warmvomit.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 08:48:08 UTC 2012

On Thursday February 09 2012, Martin Kühl <martin.kuehl at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can basically do the same thing. There's a command for stripping
> trailing whitespace in the Text bundle, it's called "Remove Trailing
> Spaces in Document / Selection". Just duplicate that and set "Save" to
> "Current Document".

Doesn't that save the current document when the command is run, rather than running the command when the document is saved, though?

What I'm looking for is a way of hooking the Save command so that the whitespace stripper is run just before saving, regardless of whether I pressed Cmd-S, chose Save from the File menu, or selected Save in the dialog when closing a document with unsaved changes.

I'm sure I read something on a blog which suggested it was possible, but the article unfortunately assumed a greater familiarity with bundle writing than I have :)

--
John Yeates