[TxMt] TM2 Language Support Better, Input Still Broken

John Joyce dangerwillrobinsondanger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 14:51:44 UTC 2012

So TM2 awesomely and finally displays non-English, non-Latin text well.
Unfortunately, Input Methods are broken without using a mouse to click.
Japanese input (Kotoeri) definitely does not work right.
Seems like TM2 is ignoring or misusing Cocoa's concept of "marked text" (input marked for completion/conversion, where some form of phonetic input is done on a qwerty keyboard and is then converted to CJK, cycling through choices using space bar, or arrow keys, selecting conversions by pressing enter/return or the number of the numbered list of conversion choices)

That is still a bummer. This is the one thing that TM and TM2 have not been capable of, but all the competition seem able to handle. I know it has to do with implementation, but still makes me have to try others...