[TxMt] Re: Arrggghhh: "Remove MultiMarkdown support in favor of it's own bundle"

Mon Aug 27 19:40:11 UTC 2012

On Aug 27, 2012, at 9:29 PM, Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com> wrote:

> Hence without any action on my part, a lot of stuff broke on my system.

Given that the bundle was calling MultiMarkdown.pl (rather than, say ${TM_MULTIMARKDOWN:-multimarkdown}) I didn’t even think this stuff worked anymore.

> And installing a third-party bundle (eg yours) that isn't really supported any longer doesn't exactly give a warm fuzzy feeling, and is also beyond what a regular user should be expected to do.

The MultiMarkdown support in the default bundle has never really been supported beyond the initial contribution. We can of course add Fletcher’s bundle to the index so users can install it via Preferences. I’m 95% done with the system that will allow third parties to add bundles to the index.

> There should have been an official (as in supported by the official bundle download support) MultiMarkdown bundle **BEFORE** removing MultiMarkdown support from the Markdown bundle. And a heads-up in the mailing list would have been nice too.

Again, I really didn’t think this was actually useful to anyone.

> This is costing me time at an inopportune moment, so obviously I am not happy.

I am sure you have the skill to checkout a previous version of the bundle ;)