[TxMt] Re: [TM2] Files on remote mounts not being refreshed - workaround?

Wed Aug 22 11:48:19 UTC 2012

On Aug 22, 2012, at 3:53 AM, Jason McC. Smith <jason at ncpod.org> wrote:

> [ files on remote drives ] I assume that there simply is no file-changed event to listen for in this case

Correct.

> As a workaround, is there a simple way to trigger a refresh of the TextMate buffer?

There is not — TextMate should probably check on save, and warn if the file has been updated. But as you mention rmate, this is a bit problematic because rmate is a script that runs on your server and simply sends the file contents to TextMate and then gets the edited version back.

So rmate (the script running on your server) is the only one who can know when the file has been changed, but it can’t throw up a dialog or similar on your mac.

It could make a backup of the file before overwriting though. If you know ruby you can have a go at this yourself, we host the script here: https://github.com/textmate/rmate/