[TxMt] Re: TM2 feature request: show file encoding and line ending in status bar

Wed Aug 22 11:35:59 UTC 2012

On Aug 14, 2012, at 5:47 AM, Yuan Jiang <sleetdrop at gmail.com> wrote:

> […] I want Textmate to show current file's encoding in the status bar

This one I don’t really like. Everybody should be using UTF-8 so for most users adding encoding to the status bar is IMO just adding noise.

> […] convert a file's encoding with a mouse click in Textmate.

You can now (r9287) choose encoding in the save dialog.

> It's also will be nice to show the current file's line endings in
> status bar, eg (DOS / UNIX), and let user be able to convert it from
> on to another in Textmate.

This one is now also in the save dialog, but again, 99% of users should not mess with line endings, so not something that should go into status bar.