[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2 at GitHub

Fri Aug 10 16:48:57 UTC 2012

On Aug 10, 2012, at 6:40 PM, Marc Chanliau <marc.chanliau at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use TM for Ruby development essentially, so I'm more interested in a TM "product" as opposed to TM source code. Will it be possible to still buy TM and install it as a dmg? I would rather buy TM than compile my own version from source. Frankly, TM is really worth paying for.

Definitely, the auto-updater will continue to work and you can download a fresh copy (to bootstrap the process) from https://github.com/textmate/textmate/downloads

Right now the builds do not require a license, but that may change, as I still consider TextMate commercial software. I just allow people to study and change the code as an added bonus (and hopefully TextMate will benefit long-term from community activities, at which point we may reconsider how we should go about “selling” it).

Kind regards Allan