[TxMt] Re: Indented soft-wrap

Anthony V. Pulido anthony.pulido at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 21:10:42 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

Success! I've enabled soft wrap indenting (+1 extra tab)!

For the newbies, like me, out there looking for the same, I'll write out the steps here for LaTeX, but the method probably generalizes to other languages. As pointed out already, leaving the scope empty enables the feature for all languages, so it likely matters little where the preference resides.

Note: This applies only to TextMate 2.

1. On the menu bar, select Bundles > Edit Bundles.

2. Within the Bundle Editor display, select LaTeX > Settings. Once here, a list of preferences indicated by a white P on a gray circle is seen.

3. On the menu bar again, click on New or press command-N. From the Bundle Editor display, TM will prompt you to choose what to create: bundle, command, setting, grammar, etc.

4. Click setting. An untitled setting will appear in the Bundle Editor window.

5. Name the new setting. I used "Soft-wrap indent."

6. Select the new setting if not already selected.

7. In the text field, paste

{	indentedSoftWrap = {
		format = '$0\t';
		match = '\A[ \t]*';
	};
}

This enables soft-wrap indent + 1 extra tab. For some reason, the following wouldn't work, which I think is supposed to be soft-wrap indent (without the + 1):

{   indentedSoftWrap = {
           match  = '\A\s*[-*]\s+';
           format = '${0/\S/ /g}';
       };
   }

8. If you wish to restrict this to a certain scope, it can be done in the drawer next to "scope selector." Leaving it blank will enable soft-wrap indentation for any text file.

9. Save the setting by pressing command-S and close the Bundle Editor.

10. Make sure soft wrap is enabled. (View > Soft Wrap). It might be necessary to reload any open files for the setting to take effect.

Enjoy!

Anthony