[TxMt] Re: Pastie broken?

Andrew Herbert andy.herbert at me.com
Sun Apr 29 07:47:15 UTC 2012

Yes, pastie is the same as pastie.textmate.org.

while your curl example does work, it only works anonymously and isn't how the Github bundle submits pastes (from the readme):

    "To enable Gist support, make sure you've followed the instructions on your account page for adding your GitHub user and API Token to your global Git config."

The only reference to authorisation in the Github account page is <https://github.com/settings/applications/new>, which asks for a OAuth application, I'm assuming this is because (from <https://github.com/blog/1090-github-api-moving-on>):

    Notable Changes for API v3

    Basic auth with tokens is not supported. You can create OAuth tokens for internal scripts through the Authorizations API.

v2 of the API will be terminated next week (2012-05-01), so I'm working on the assumption new registrations that performs basic auth with tokens has been removed, as the API is due to be deprecated. Also, it remains to be seen how this affects anyone currently using the Github to paste gists.