[TxMt] Re: excluding binary files in search/replace

Sat Apr 21 04:29:37 UTC 2012

http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2012-March/034716.html

> I would like a subset of all my files to appear in the file browser. I first exclude all files then selectively include just those files […]

The exclude pattern should only be used for stuff you actually want to exclude.

> I want. My problem is that when I do a search/replace in project the search returns matches in pure binary files

Which files to search is mainly guided by the glob in the Find dialog — you should probably edit that to *.{txt,text,…} or similar (it is kept per project folder).

> [ $myBinaryFiles ]
> binary           = true

This has been changed to a glob, so it should be:

    binary = "${myBinaryFiles}"

Though I think you should leave this at its default value.