[TxMt] Re: Lots of Ruby errors in bundles

Wed Sep 21 09:04:52 UTC 2011

On 15 Sep 2011, at 20:53, Brandon M Fryslie wrote:

> […] does TextMate require a specific Ruby version?

TextMate commands are only guaranteed to work with 1.8.7 (or whatever ships with OS X).

But commands use the ruby from your PATH where TM_RUBY is for user scripts, script validation and such.

So it should be safe to set TM_RUBY to a different ruby.

I don’t see any use of TM_RUBY in the GetBundles (which you mention had issues) found here: http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Review/Bundles/GetBundles.tmbundle/ — I believe an older version may have wrongly used TM_RUBY.

> When using RVM to switch Rubies, does that require a TextMate relaunch?

Relaunching TextMate doesn’t change the command environment, so wouldn’t think so, but I don’t know what “using RVM to switch Rubies” conveys.