[TxMt] C++ not compiling in text mate

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Tue Sep 13 16:20:52 UTC 2011

> Even when I try to retrieve the PATH from Terminal, I still get this error.
> Has any one run into this kind of problem before??

Which error are you getting?  Please post the output from these two
commands:

echo $PATH       # Remember you need a $ to access shell variables

which g++

Your path should be separated by : (colons), not new lines.  If you get a
valid answer to "which g++" add that to your path by appending a colon and
then that directory to the path.  For example, my path (in TM) is

/Users/bmf/.rvm/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

When I enter "which g++" into terminal I might get (for example)

/opt/extra/stuff/bin/g++

So my I would change my path in TM to

/Users/bmf/.rvm/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/extra/stuff/bin

Note: my g++ is in /usr/bin.  That is by default in the path.  Rather than
muck with your PATH, I would go with Allan's advice and make sure you have
it installed correctly.  If 'which' doesn't find it and you didn't purposely
install it into some weird place, it probably isn't installed.

Brandon