[TxMt] compiling code but not inputs

Tquila dennisbaekgaard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 09:48:20 UTC 2011

First off, I'm new at this Mac stuff. Got my first ever Mac yesterday, and
I've been trying to get it all to work.

I'm studying Software Engineering at University, and the current (first)
language we're working with will be C going to C++. I've installed xCode,
which I've got working, however I would like to use TextMate for the actual
writing as the snippets just makes it awesome.

I have a problem though, when  I compile a simple code like this:

int main(void){ printf("Hello World\n"); return 0; }

it works fine, I get the compiled output from gcc (I believe it's GCC in
xCode), however if I run this:

int main(void){ int number; printf("Give number: "); scanf("%d", &number);
printf("Number provided was %d", number); }

What happens is I get the said console output window, however it does not
allow me to actually input stuff, it merely slaps 0 in the scanf.

I used 5 hours last night trying to get everything to work, and I may have
been searching on the wrong things, but I'm new at all this so please beare
with me, and if there's a specific answer somewhere (thread here,
stackoverflow etc) then a link would be awesome.

Hope someone can help me, as TextMate is just....awesome.

Best Regards
Dennis