[TxMt] Find / Replace doesn't replace my text?

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 5 03:06:40 UTC 2011

Hi, I am using Find / Replace to remove the word 'function' from comments in
some code I am working on (it causes the next word to appear as a function
in CodeBrowser when editing PHP code).

I am using this Regex:

/(?<=\*)([\w\s]*?) function/

I am attempting to match 'function' on any line after a * and the minimum
number of word & space characters.  I added the / / to delimit the regex in
this email but am not using those characters in the TextMate dialog.

It seems to match correctly and highlights the characters I would expect,
but when I do Replace in Current Selection (shortcut or menu) nothing is
replaced.  This is regardless of what I have the in replace field, whether
it is a capture reference ($1), any string of characters, or empty.  My
hunch says it has something to do with the negative lookbehind but I don't
see any way in which I've used it incorrectly so I am stumped.

Anyone have any suggestions or is this a bug?

Thanks
Brandon