[TxMt] Re: Bundle issue: tab-activated snippet menus have no text

Sat Sep 3 19:57:37 UTC 2011

On 29 Aug 2011, at 17:51, Oli Studholme wrote:

> […] for snippets which share a tab trigger, instead of getting a
> menu with options, I get the menu but with no text […]

The problem is that the names start with a dash. This causes them to be rendered as a horizontal ruler in the menu.

This is underlying OS menu code which is responsible (not a TM feature per se).

> PS is there a reference on bundles you could recommend? I found
> http://wiki.macromates.com/Bundles/StyleGuide, but it didn’t mention
> needing to have e.g. border after border-style to get the -style part
> scoped properly, and I couldn’t find the validate_bundle.rb script it
> mentioned…

The validate bundle script is in the Bundle Development bundle: https://github.com/textmate/bundle-development.tmbundle/tree/master/Support/bin

Unfortunately we don’t have a style guide beyond the (somewhat outdated) wiki.