[TxMt] What is the best way to update Get Bundles itself and also choose between identically named bundles?

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 1 20:09:30 UTC 2011

Hi, I am wondering what is the 'correct' way to update GetBundles itself?
 It appears on my GetBundles menu, but it says it is installed through svn
and to update it manually.  What is the preferred way to do that?

Also, why are there so many seemingly identical bundles on GetBundles?  If
they have the same name and same date, or same name and same author with no
date, can I just assume they are the same bundle?

One more thing: with GetBundles, is the date scheme Year-Month-Day?  Is to
throw off both Europeans and Americans?  I kid...but I want to make sure I'm
installing the newest versions of the bundles so I'd like to make sure.

Thanks guys (and ladies?)

Brandon