[TxMt] ctags and the TmCodeBrowser.tmplugin

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Thu Oct 13 10:52:12 UTC 2011

I thought I would give ctags in Textmate a try. I installed the TmCodeBrowser.tmplugin and got stuff in the CodeBrowser window only for C. ctags is supposed to work for lots of languages so I tried Pascal and Python but the CodeBrowser window remained empty.

To attempt further failure, I downloaded the ctags source and an Ada language extension for ctags. I did the minor editing required of the ctags source to incorporate the Ada thing and built it. It was installed in /usr/local/bin so I moved it to /usr/bin (after re-naming the ctags that was originally there) because /usr/bin appears before /usr/local/bin on my PATH.

Same results--C only.

I can run ctags on an Ada file and a tags file is generated in the same directory that looks like it has lots of relevant stuff in it, so why doesn't the TmCodeBrowser.tmplugin pick it up?

Ideas?

Jerry