[TxMt] Re: Working with non-User files

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:37:36 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 02:37, Phil Dobbin <phildobbin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a project in /opt/local & I can't edit it or make changes in TxMt
> because of permissions.
>
> Is there anyway 'round this?

I see three options:

1. Fix the permissions. Seriously. If you're working on it, grant
yourself write access on it.

2. Edit it in TextMate anyway. When saving, TM should ask you for an
admin name and password and then Do The Right Thing.

3. In your shell, make sure that EDITOR is set to `mate_wait` (and that
`mate_wait` exists in your PATH and is a symlink to `mate`), then use
`sudo -e /path/to/file` to edit individual files.

But to be honest, anything other than option 1 is just jumping through
unnecessary hoops.

HTH,
Martin