[TxMt] Re: Ack in Project bundle

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:10:23 UTC 2011

> On 21 Nov 2011, at 04:44, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>
>> Am I correct in thinking that the Ack in Project bundle is not compatible
>> with ruby-1.9 hence the fact TxMt throws the `fails with to_plist
>> ArgumentError` message?
>
> In general we highly discourage people using ruby 1.9 with TextMate bundles.
>
> That said, the particular to_plist issue is more related to certain builds of
> ruby: We include a C extension for ruby that can read/write Apple¹s property
> lists. This C extension is built with the ruby 1.8 headers and rely on the
> magic numbers for the various ruby types. For reasons unknown to me, it seems
> certain builds of ruby has shifted these magic numbers making those builds
> binary incompatible with existing C extensions.

Hi.

Thanks for that. I was kind of getting the impression that all the issues
I'm having with bundles were down to Ruby 1.9 =>

I've a user-installed version of 1.8.7 in /opt/local so I'll change my $PATH
accordingly as I want to use TxMt as my ruby/rails/haml/sass/sinatra, etc
editor.

Cheers,

    Phil...

--
Nothing to see here... move along, move along