[TxMt] Re: Ack in Project bundle

Tue Nov 22 17:56:43 UTC 2011

On 21 Nov 2011, at 04:44, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> Am I correct in thinking that the Ack in Project bundle is not compatible
> with ruby-1.9 hence the fact TxMt throws the `fails with to_plist
> ArgumentError` message?

In general we highly discourage people using ruby 1.9 with TextMate bundles.

That said, the particular to_plist issue is more related to certain builds of ruby: We include a C extension for ruby that can read/write Apple’s property lists. This C extension is built with the ruby 1.8 headers and rely on the magic numbers for the various ruby types. For reasons unknown to me, it seems certain builds of ruby has shifted these magic numbers making those builds binary incompatible with existing C extensions.