[TxMt] Re: SQL.Bundle -> Bad Handshake Issue -> Mac OSX Lion

Gregory Bluvshteyn greg.bluvshteyn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 14:53:24 UTC 2011

HI Allan,

Thanks a lot for you response. No anything connecting to homebrew doesn't
work. I was able to get queries going when I've installed ubuntu and ran
mysql there.

I tried all of the possible combinations:

Localhost with/without 3306
127.0.0.1 with/without 3306
greg-macbook.local (which is my computer name) with/without 3306

Still to no avail.

One strange thing is that, If I put in database name, textmate tries to
authenticate as if the database is the host name from which textmate is
connecting. For example, lets say I have a db called my_db so that the
textmate tries to authenticate using root at my_db e.t.c

So I am not using database name when I log in.

Would be so great to get this thing fixed. I am sure I am not the only one
out there, so It would help so many other people.