[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Wed Nov 2 20:25:20 UTC 2011

> Macfusion

Unfortunately I've lost data using Macfusion when TextMate beachballs
looking through the remote filesystem.  ForkLife has a ridiculous amount of
awesome, such as easily creating 'synclets', standalone app files that will
sync directories when you run them, and 'droplets' which are apps that you
can drop a file onto to upload it to a specific remote location.  You can
mount any remote directory as a local volume (a la MacFusion but more
powerful).  It really makes working with remote files as transparent as
working with them locally, you can transfer or sync remote directories
against each other with a bunch of options (such as includes/exclude by
regex filter & more) and it has a great visual diff/merge tool also.  I'm
usually all for open source but this program saves me so much time that
using anything else would cost me way more than $30.  It's a one-man-shop
(like a lot of the best software ;) ) so I feel good about giving him my
support.

Brandon