[TxMt] Re: Open TextMate from FileZilla and I Can't Save my Edits

martcol martcol at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 07:17:55 UTC 2011

tamouse mailing lists wrote:

> I would, at a guess, say you're probably saying "TextMate.app" (or
> maybe without the .app part).
>
> What you want is to specify the command line program mate or matewait
> which runs separately and hooks up to the TextMate application when
> invoked.
>
> See: http://manual.macromates.com/en/using_textmate_from_terminal.html
> (which is really about calling TextMate from other appliations)

thank you tamouse

I read the page on opening TextMate in another app.  With FikeZilla there is
already a way to get that. It's in preferences and I just navigated to
>applications>TextMate.  TextMate opens ok but once it is open it won't let
me save any edits.

Anyway, since posting I have worked out that it's a permissions thing. So, I
don't think it's actually a TextMate problem but more about me not
understanding my mac!

The files are site files and are downloaded from an existing site.  Somehow
the mac thinks I don't have the permissions to edit them.

Martin