[TxMt] Re: Window splitter

Sean Dunn sd9 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Mar 2 13:52:11 UTC 2011

The simple answer is not that I'm aware of so far.

The slightly longer answer is that I'm writting one at the moment. :)  I
wasn't going to mention it to anyone until it was a bit more polished and
I'd decided how it should behave.

I'm trying to keep things simple as I see this as only a stop gap measure.
So all it currently does is automate opening project files in new windows
and then rearranges things on screen.  Then if you close the auxilary window
it'll reopen (if it's not already loaded) in the main project).

I'm trying to decide if this is better than doing the same trick by opening
second copy of the project.

I've got a few wrinkles to sort out, like how RubyAMP's "complete from
project work" should work with this.  Then I'll throw it open to people to
play with.

Cheers,
Sean.