[TxMt] Project management tool to make bundling more simple and easy for use

Andrei Vishneuski vish at gravitysoft.org
Tue Mar 1 11:31:49 UTC 2011

Hello

What I would like to share with you is sort of project management tool that can be
useful for creation more abstract bundles.  Basically I am using it with textmate right now.

The idea is to have universal tool that helps to manage projects, establish dependencies between various projects artifacts.
The tool is written in Ruby and can work under any platform. The information can be found on web site:
http://gravitysoft.org/doku.php?id=home:projects:lithium

I have created special bundle called Lithium that easily allows developers:
-- Run php/java/javascript/ruby/python/html/shell code just by one command run. Bundle script looks as follow:
$ lithium  -std TextmateHTMLStd run:$TM_FILEPATH

-- Compile/Validate php/java/xml/ruby/python code by one command:
$ lithium  -std TextmateHTMLStd compile:$TM_FILEPATH

-- Compile all found source code for the given project
-- Show (CHM) help for appropriate language (Java/Python/Ruby)

and others

Practically in all cases the output is formatted as HTML (looks identically to terminal lithium output) with links to file where exceptions or errors have
occurred (see attached picture).

It seems to me having common "one shot" solution can simplify bundle developing and make it more simple and usable. Needless
to say lithium is open source project that can be used for free.

Regards
Andrei