[TxMt] Re: Difficulty in Running the Latex Bundle

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon Jun 20 06:24:13 UTC 2011

Miguel,

1) First you need to install correctly MacTeX
 When MacTeX is installed, you have in the pref system a tool : "Distribution TeX".
With this tool you can verify what are the versions of macTeX installed in your system.

2) You can verify in the terminal with
$ echo $PATH
for me the PATH value is

[ego at mbp:~]
$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

Actually you can install the MacTeX 2011  here : http://tug.org/texlive/mirmon/

Is a prerelease but it works very well. I think if you install a new version
of MacTeX the past would be correct. The path of the new version will be :

/usr/local/texlive/2011 you can verify actually if you have  /usr/local/texlive/2009 or 2010 ?

 I think that your problem comes from the installation.

Logically with "Distribution TeX" you can see the new version of MacTeX

3) you can modify directly the path in your system. I'm not a great unix expert
 but I think you must have in the /etc/

a file named "paths" that contains

/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin
/usr/local/bin

and a folder "pathhs.d" that contains a file named "TeX" . In this file you need to have
/usr/texbin

I hope all these informations can help you

Greetings

Alain