[TxMt] Re: Experimental 64bit- and GC-capable Edit in Textmate

Jenny Harrison profharrison at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:09:53 UTC 2011

On 6/2/11, at 9:45 , Martin Kühl wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I found some free time today and couldn't think of anything better to do[1]
> than trying to extend the life support of Edit in TextMate.
>
> * The result is available on GitHub[2].
> * The bundle uses SIMBL[3], so install that first.
> * Install to `$HOME/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/`.
> * If you installed the old input manager, remove it.
>
> It has seen an /incredible/ lack of testing, but I used it a handful of times
> and it didn't set my computer on fire.
>
> So far I've seen work with TextMate, TextEdit and Xcode, and /not/ work with
> Safari.
>
> Feedback, bug reports and patches welcome, and apologies in advance if I don't
> get around to responding quickly at the moment.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> [1] Well apart from a bath actually, but after that.
> [2] https://github.com/mkhl/edit-in-textmate/
> [3] http://culater.net/software/SIMBL/SIMBL.php

I am eager to try this out.   Here is a feature which would make Edit in TextMate truly fly.  Can you link the two  files so that if you edit either one one of them, the other changes accordingly?  If you can do this, then we will be able to use TeXShop to render PDF's, edit in TM, and have a decent sync mechanism (since TeXShop has sync).  If the cursor was also tied to the same spot in both files, then this process would be almost seamless.

-Jenny