[TxMt] Re: Serious Bug: Fails to truncate files properly

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Sat Jul 9 23:15:28 UTC 2011

I've never seen this behavior either, and I use TextMate pretty much
constantly.  Forgive any dumb questions, I have my troubleshooting hat on...

* Are you saving files to the local disk, or a network share?
* If local, is anything else accessing the file? (ie., is it open in
another editor at the same time?)
* If network, what's the filesystem and how is it mounted?
* Do you have atomic saves enabled?
* Does this happen when you add lines to a file, or only when you delete
lines?
* When you see the garbage, is it text from the same file or from a
different file?
* If you save the file (but not close it in TextMate) then immediately
'cat' it from the command line, is the garbage there?
* What is the file's text encoding? Do you have any Unicode characters
in there?
* Do you have any TextMate plugins installed?

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer