[TxMt] Re: Any news on textmate 2?

Justin Catterall 100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 08:02:18 UTC 2011

On 30 Jun 2011, at 17:03, Sven Axelsson wrote:

> On 30 June 2011 17:56, Justin Catterall <100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk>
> wrote:
>>
>> Vim was my previous editor of choice, but even after about twelve
>> years of
>> use I still find/found myself reaching for documentation to perform
>> many of
>> the tasks I used it for. TextMate, I found, had almost no learning
>> curve.
>
> Well, I agree that Textmate is easier to get started with. On the
> other hand, the builtin help function in Vim is vastly superior to
> that in Textmate.
>
>> BTW, does Vim do completion?
>
> Twelve years of Vim use and you don't know of Omni competion?

I'd never consider completion until I saw it in use in a TM video
(that could have been one of Merlin's). And now I've googled
omnicompletion I am enlightened! I wonder what other things I missed!

--
Justin Catterall                               www.masonsmusic.co.uk
Director                                       T: +44 (0)1424 427562