[TxMt] Re: Capturing error messages

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 05:42:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 21:58, Greg <web at web.knobby.ws> wrote:
> I'm running a Ruby script from TextMate and within that script call a
> Perl script (gpsPhoto.pl) and would like to capture the error messages
> and act on them. The messages show up in the TM Running window.

There's nothing TextMate-specific about this, you can capture those
messages any way you would otherwise in Ruby. Which way that is depends
on how you call the other command, e.g. with backticks you would append
`2>&1` to the command line.

If you're unsure, [1] has a survey of ways to run subprocesses in Ruby.

HTH,
Martin

[1] http://tech.natemurray.com/2007/03/ruby-shell-commands.html