[TxMt] Re: TextMate.isBusy=false no longer working?

Sun Jan 30 11:55:37 UTC 2011

On 28 Jan 2011, at 00:36, Gerd Knops wrote:

> I am trying to disable the annoying spinner in some HTML output. However "TextMate.isBusy=false" in some javascript appears to have no effect. "TextMate.system()" works fine, so the TextMate object is available.

The ‘isBusy’ is to inform TextMate that the command is still doing work (after the main command has terminated). For example this includes showing a warning dialog when closing the window — it is not a way to avoid the spinner during command execution.

Maybe tell me exactly what your command does and the desired behavior wrt. spinner and scrolling. Given the difficulty with immitating the auto-scroll, a JS API for enabling this would likely make sense. I am less keen on changing isBusy semantics — your issue here sounds more like a general UI request.