[TxMt] Re: Terminal from within textmate (DTerm)

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 21 17:59:00 UTC 2011

@Alexey  That is really awesome!  I will definitely check it out and play
around with it.

Here is what I use in Visor to achieve a similar functionality.  Depending
on your usage, it may be better to use DTerm but I figured these might help
someone out since they work for regular Terminal as well.

I map these to various keyboard shortcuts such as Command+Shift+C or
Control+Shift+C with Quicksilver.

Applescript to copy the containing folder of the current finder selection to
the clipboard:

*tell* *application* "Finder"

*if* selection *is* *not* {} *then* *set the clipboard to* POSIX path *of* (
*container* *of* (*first* *item* *of* (selection *as* *list*) *as* *alias*)
*as* *alias*)

*end* *tell*

*
*
Path of the Selection to the clipboard:

*tell* *application* "Finder"

*if* selection *is* *not* {} *then* *set the clipboard to* POSIX path *of* (
*first* *item* *of* (selection *as* *list*) *as* *alias*)

*end* *tell*

*
*
Tell Terminal to go to the current finder directory (

*tell* *application* "Finder"

*if* selection *is* *not* {} *then*

 *set* path_ *to* POSIX path *of* (*container* *of* (*first* *item* *of* (
selection *as* *list*) *as* *alias*) *as* *alias*)

 *tell* *application* "Visor"

 *do script* with command "cd \"" & path_ & "\"" in *window* 1

 *activate*

 *end* *tell*

*end* *if*

*end* *tell*

*
*
I believe these can be modified relatively easily to use the current file in
any application if you need to do that a lot.  I am definitely going to
check out DTerm and see how it integrates into my normal terminal workflow.
 Thanks for the info!!

Brandon