[TxMt] Best iPad Text Editor for Textmate Users

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Sun Jan 9 05:12:04 UTC 2011

I'm looking at the many iPad text editors and wonder which would work best with textmate.  I would prefer also to use Dropbox, so compatibility with DB would be a plus.  I currently use Textmate + Dropbox across a mini and a MBP and the sync feature is really nice.

Problems with iPad that I've seen discussed is that they may force CR/LF, or do not handle UTF-8 correctly (scrambling characters), or match Windows users better than Mac.

So I thought I'd see if any of of us textmate folk have found a good match.

    -- Owen