[TxMt] Can I hide .txt extension in TextMate?

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Wed Jan 5 16:50:00 UTC 2011

I generally do not use the .txt extension .. presuming it to be text.  This is likely a Bad Habit due to README's, shell scripts, and notes etc but seems relatively harmless.

But recently I've started using things like Dropbox and other internet facilities that really get upset about this. (BTW: I'd love a good iPad text editor .. any good ideas?)  So it seems I'll have to start adding the .txt extension, sigh.

One annoyance in textmate is that this makes the tabs larger and hang off the end.

So I guess there really are two questions:
- Specifically: Is there a way to have textmate not show the extensions?
- Generally: Am I right that I'm doomed to .txt usage?

    -- Owen