[TxMt] Re: TextMate becoming increasingly unstable

Tue Jan 4 23:37:02 UTC 2011

On 4 Jan 2011, at 18:55, Alice Bevan–McGregor wrote:

> On 2011-01-02 11:06:40 -0800, Allan Odgaard said:
>
>> Did you do a Find All? If so, I think the issue was more likely showing you the 1M results in the list view.
>
> No, I had a single document open as its own project and was using Find / Replace (Command+F) to replace text in this one document.

Ok, a “Replace All” over 1M lines where the newline character is involved is indeed something that will take forever — GCD etc. is not the cure, as this is related to the underlying data structure used.

I have a better data structure in 2.0 but also some new features which probably overall will result in worse performance (and more memory used), so as for your original question, I symphatize with you and it is an understandable request, but TM tend to be more about features which work for normal sized documents than a text editor that scales well regardless of what you throw at it.