[TxMt] Re: CR added to Selected Find

Ed Wong scampy at me.com
Mon Jan 3 03:01:35 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-02, at 1:47 pm, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 22 Dec 2010, at 05:15, Ed Wong wrote:
>
>> […] I'm now finding that this problem doesn't consistently show up. Sometimes it works as expectedly and sometimes it appends the CR.
>
> If you use ⌘G after ⌘E does it find the next occurrence? I.e. is the problem only showing in the Find window?

That was where I originally noticed the problem. Doing ⌘G after ⌘E and not finding the next occurrence when I knew there should be some. It was only when I opened up the Find window that I saw that the CR was appended.

> Can you try View → Show Invisibles and see if perhaps there are bad characters in yur document? What sort of document is it (prose, code)?

Did that as well and there were no bad characters. I was writing code PHP in UTF-8 encoding.

>> I wonder if it has something to do with "Disable Refresh on Regaining Focus". I don't often have that checked but it's the only thing I have that's different from my normal TextMate usage.
>
> I am at a loss as to what could cause this. My hunch would be some external clipboard tool, but those normally affect the regular clipboard, not the find clipboard.

I have used "Disable Refresh on Regaining Focus" and can't reproduce it under that mode so am also stuck as to what could have been causing it. I haven't seen this problem in a week so it might have been some state I had odd TextMate in perhaps.

-Ed